We finally have sunshine after three weeks of rain, but it has come with freezing gale-force winds. Even the birds are huddled up for warmth. There were large flocks of tiny birds at HiFert today; silvereyes, thornbills, fairywrens. The Swamp Harrier was cruising the mangroves and the brown honeyeaters were controlling the coral tree.
- Yellow Thornbill Acanthiza nana (pictured above)
- Swamp Harrier Circus approximans
- Willie-wagtail Rhipidura leucophrys
- Brown Honeyeater Lichmera indistincta
- White-browed Scrubwren Sericornis frontalis
- Superb Fairywren Malurus cyaneus
- Silver-eye Zosterops lateralis